OLED Display power consumption depends on what is being displayed on the screen. By dimming areas of screen that are of less interest to the user, this allows power to be saved.
- Key Idea
- Dynamically adjust the screen to “black-out’’ regions of lower interest
- Most applications are designed to have the most interesting content at the top of the screen
- Keep the most interesting portions (usually the top of the screen) clear
- Dim the rest of the areas that contain less interesting content.
- Amount of dimming depends on the amount of power we want to save.
|Four Main Strategies For Dimming The Display